According to the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, nearly 30 million men and women over the age of 12 struggle with alcohol use disorder every year1. While addiction is a lifelong illness, enrolling in residential treatment for alcohol addiction can stop the abuse before it causes irreparable physical and mental harm. A residential treatment program provides a safe and discreet environment with 24/7 support from experienced therapeutic and medical personnel.
Enrolling in an alcohol addiction treatment program is the smart choice to make for individuals who want to quit but are unable to stop the substance abuse. When clients first arrive for treatment, a therapist will run a full assessment to determine the best treatment programs for the severity of the addiction. A typical residential treatment program for alcohol addiction can last anywhere from 30 to 90 days and is followed up with outpatient treatment and aftercare programs. To discover the benefits of alcohol addiction treatment programs, go online and search for residential treatment programs near you today.
Finding a Residential Treatment Program
Residential or Inpatient treatment for alcohol addiction is available in every major city in the country to help combat the continuing addiction epidemic. Depending on the facility, they can offer drug and alcohol detox, residential and outpatient treatment programs, and aftercare programs for those who want to continue working with a therapist.
Residential treatment programs provide a comfortable residence with 24/7 support from experienced therapists and medical professionals and a team of support staff. Program lengths are determined by the severity of the addiction and typically last for 30, 60, to 90 days, with options for longer stays available. When searching for a residential treatment program for alcohol addiction, research the types of therapies and treatments they offer. You want to make sure they provide a wide range of therapy options, such as:
- Medication-assisted treatment (MAT)
- Dual diagnosis or co-occurring disorder treatment
- Men’s Rehab Program
- Women’s Rehab Program
- Family therapy/counseling
- Holistic therapy programs
Finding residential treatment for alcohol abuse is essential for those who are unable to stop abusing alcohol and are at risk of serious physical and psychological harm. Treatment programs give clients time away from their daily stresses and triggers, so they can fully focus on their recovery.
The Benefits of Residential Treatment for Alcohol Addiction
There are many benefits of enrolling in inpatient treatment for alcohol addiction. Not only can it save a person’s life, but it can also prevent unemployment and save personal and family relationships. Here are some additional benefits of residential treatment for alcohol addiction:
- Safety and privacy – Clients will participate in group and private therapy sessions in a comfortable and discreet, home-like facility. They will be far away from the people or situations that trigger their cravings and have time to develop healthy coping skills and new ways to avoid their triggers.
- New coping skills – Behavioral therapists will work privately with each client to understand the reasons behind the addiction and teach them new ways to cope with their feelings. They use various techniques to break the connection between the thoughts, memories, or emotions that trigger negative or self-destructive behaviors. During group therapy, clients will practice their coping skills with their peers while therapists monitor their interactions.
- Repair family relationships – An important step in the recovery process is repairing relationships that are torn apart by substance abuse. All family members will be encouraged to participate in therapy sessions to resolve any lingering anger or frustrations and begin to move forward and build a stronger family bond.
Residential treatment for alcohol abuse provides individuals and their families with a chance to recover and rebuild. The skills they learn promote long-lasting sobriety, a better understanding of their symptoms, and a positive outlook on their lives.
Enroll in Alcohol Addiction Treatment Today for a Better Tomorrow
Enrolling in residential treatment for alcohol addiction gives men and women a fighting chance and beating the addiction and leading a healthy and sober life. Alcohol treatment programs are available with residential and outpatient treatment options, along with aftercare and alumni programs. Each program includes behavioral and holistic therapies with medical support for a comprehensive recovery experience with fewer risks of relapse.
Take that first step toward a better life by reaching out to an alcohol addiction treatment center in a city near you today.